New Lounger
    Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA

Outlook Web Access (Web Access)

I had someone ask me a question about their outlook web access that I could not answer for sure. They asked why a name did not populate in the To box like it does in Outlook. As you begin typing, a list of email addresses pop down in a list but web access will not. I am sure there is a very simple explanation and I would love to hear it so that I can answer him correctly. Thanks for the help!

Plutonium Lounger

Re: Outlook Web Access (Web Access)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

Although Microsoft has done its best to make Outlook Web Access work much like Outlook itself, there are many differences because Outlook Web Access (OWA) is not a stand-alone application, it operates in your web browser and works via Internet. It can be used in the office, but also if you're at home, or in a hotel room 5,000 miles away from the office. It doesn't have access to your address book continuously, so it cannot match a name with the address list as you type.
    Instead, click the To... button, type a name or part of a name, then click Find. OWA will then contact the Exchange server and return a list of names that match what you typed.