2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

OrganizerCopy not copying all attributes of style? (2003)

Can anyone think of a reason why the OrganizerCopy VBA command would copy some of a style's properties but not all?? It appears that the Font attributes are fine and dandy, but the tabs and paragraph format aren't getting overwritten -- the document's previous settings are staying set. This is causing much grief.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: OrganizerCopy not copying all attributes of style? (2003)

When using the Organizer interactively, the recommendation is to copy each style at least three times, you might try that using code too.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Eeewww. Three times? Not what I was hoping to find out. I was hoping you'd say, "Oh, it's a sign of a corrupted file, try saving it out to XML and reading it back in again." Most of the time, my code works fine.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The idea behind copying more than once is that properties that a style inherits from another style don't always get copied correctly the first time. Copying three times is apparently sufficient to make sure that all dependencies between styles have been copied.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Follow-up: No, it isn't sufficient, even run three times. OrganizerCopy does not appear to copy the LeftIndent, RightIndent and Tab Stops. I've got code already to do this manually, but due to a change in my specs, I wasn't running that block of code,

On the other hand, I just found the Document.CopyStylesFromTemplate method -- it can't be limited to specific styles, but it's faster, and simpler (but will need to wait for my next release)