New Lounger
    Thanks

Integrated Explorer/Mail viewer (Outlook 2003)

I admit it... I'm a pack-rat. I keep a LOT of email. This email has a lot of attachments. And it's too time consuming to save off every attachment worth keeping into it's appropriate My Documents folder (as well as the fact that I'd divorce the context of the email from the attachment), so I usually don't. As a result, when I later want to look up some issue, I can't remember if I saved it as part of my email in Outlook or if I was working with it separately in Windows and so I'm constantly flipping back and forth between my email and my explorer folders to try and get the complete picture of the issue I was dealing with. For the time being, I am still using the LookOut, but it's not really the same as browsing a folder of files (though it has it's own uses).

What I'd really like is a way to structure my Outlook folders like my My Documents folders and be able to view them through a common interface, so that when I look at my "FinanceFY08" folder, I can see the email and Outlook subfolders which are there, as well as the files and sub-folders I've saved in the identically named explorer folder.

I'll consider other solutions as well. Any suggestions?

Mark

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Re: Integrated Explorer/Mail viewer (Outlook 2003)

The only way I know of to do that is to save the e-mails outside of Outlook in a folder structure you like and use Windows Explorer to acces them. You could try Windows Desktop Search or some other desktop search program. You'll be able to index & search bothe e-mail & PC files simultaneously.

Joe
    Joe