Lounger
    Thanks

Excel Auto Filter (Office Basic Edition 2003)

I have exported a report from QuickBooks Pro 2006 and when I use the Auto Filter feature it does not list everything in the drop down box. It shows All, Top 10 and Custom. I am use to working on Office 2003 Professional. Is there something different that I need to do? Also, is there an upgrade that I can get to go to Professional, or would I have to buy the whole package?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Excel Auto Filter (Office Basic Edition 2003)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

Try the following:
    - Turn off AutoFilter.
    - Select the entire table or list.
    - Turn on AutoFilter.

Does it work better then?

The version of Excel is the same in all editions of Office 2003. Office 2003 Professional has additional applications such as Microsoft Access.
    I don't think Microsoft sells Office 2003 any more, but you may be able to get a copy at a retailer. I'd ask them about upgrading.

Lounger
    Thanks

That did work - thanks for the help. I am assuming this is a QuickBooks export thing and not an Excel issue. If I gather it correctly, you are saying that the Excel feature in the Basic is the same as in the Professional......

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The cause of your problem is probably that the exported report has blank rows in between the column headers (field names) and the data. If so, AutoFilter will only apply to the column header row unless you select the entire report.

And yes, Excel in Office Basic has exactly the same features as Excel in Office Professional. There is no difference whatsoever.