2008-05-21, 23:37 #1
- Join Date
- May 2008
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
pulling data from two tables (Access 2003)
Is there a type of join that will show all the data from table 1 minus all the data from table 2?
Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!
+ Get this BONUS — free!
Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!
2008-05-21, 23:45 #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2002
- Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Re: pulling data from two tables (Access 2003)
Welcome to Woody's Lounge!
If there is a field on which you can match records in the two tables, let's say ID, you can do the following:
- Create a query based on table 1.
- Add all fields from table 1 to the query grid.
- Specify the following condition for the ID field in the Criteria line:
Not In (SELECT [ID] FROM [OtherTable])
- Substitute the correct names for ID and OtherTable.