2008-05-21, 23:37 #1
- Join Date
- May 2008
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
pulling data from two tables (Access 2003)
Is there a type of join that will show all the data from table 1 minus all the data from table 2?
Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!
Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!
+ Get this BONUS — free!
Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!
2008-05-21, 23:45 #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2002
- Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Re: pulling data from two tables (Access 2003)
Welcome to Woody's Lounge!
If there is a field on which you can match records in the two tables, let's say ID, you can do the following:
- Create a query based on table 1.
- Add all fields from table 1 to the query grid.
- Specify the following condition for the ID field in the Criteria line:
Not In (SELECT [ID] FROM [OtherTable])
- Substitute the correct names for ID and OtherTable.