3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Firefox/Gspace (Latest)

Having used Gspace for some time, updating to the latest version seems to have produced a series of problems. I've ended up restoring my computer (running Vista) to an earlier date to get rid of these, but FF now refuses to install Gspace 5.94 or even the earlier version 5.93. Anyone know why this might be?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Firefox/Gspace (Latest)

Do you get any error messages when you try to install Gspace?
    The Unable to install add-ons article resolves most problems with not being able to install add-ons.

As for your other problem with Firefox not working with Gspace installed, the following is a guess based on problems some people have using Gmail. For some people when they try to access Gmail, Firefox goes into a loop trying to load Gmail. This is usually resolved by clearing the cache and Google cookies. Assuming you get Gspace installed again, try doing this as Gspace may be having similar problems accessing Gmail.

Clear cache: "Tools > Options > Advanced > Network" - In the Cache section click "Clear Now"
    Clear cookies (only remove those for Google): "Tools > Options > Privacy" - In the Cookies section click "Show Cookies..." for the option to remove cookies.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Firefox/Gspace (Latest)

Thanks very much indeed for your pointer to comprehensive help, Tony. Since I posted, having restored my computer to 3 earlier dates in succession the problem seems to have resolved itself, but the Mozilla article will remain useful in the future - thanks again.