5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

True Image 11 - Corrupt Files on Restore / Update

Another update on the file corrupt issue... <post#=670726>post 670726</post#>. Have just received a message from Acronis stating:

"Please accept our apologies for not getting back to you earlier.

Our developers have just reported that the described issue related to the corrupted files is now fixed and the fix will be included in the next product version - Acronis True Image 12 Home.

While we are truly sorry that we can't provide you with the estimated release date, we'd like to provide you with the upgrade to the new version free of charge. Please feel free to contact us with mentioning the case #xxxxxxx after the program is released and we will provide you with the download link and the serial number for the new product.

.....<stuff deleted>...

Your satisfaction is very important for Acronis."

Albeit that I have moved to ShadowProtect, I still have v10 on two PCs... my better half's and a test environment. I'll test out v12 when it is available and will report back at that time.

Cheers, Bob
    Regards,
    Bob

Thanks

Re: True Image 11 - Corrupt Files on Restore / Update

Wow ! That took a long time didn't it? Well, at least Acronis acknowledged the problem and claim to have fixed it. However, it's unfortunate that they won't issue a patch for Version 11.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Back in November 2007, Acronis stated that a like issue had existed in TI 10 that had been resolved.

On December 24, 2007 Acronis e-mailed me to say that their QA Group was able to reproduce the problem in the v11 version. As we both know the last released update for TI 11 was November 2007. It leaves one scratching the head that if they had the problem in v10 which they ultimately resolved, then why couldn't they apply like logic to resolving the issue in v11?

And now, they state that they have resolved the issue but it won't be included in v11 code but will be resolved in v12. Notwithstanding that they have offered me a free upgrade, it will cost other users $$$... shameful !

Cheers, Bob
    Regards,
    Bob

Thanks

Well obviously it's much more lucrative to sell "new" versions than it is to release updates to ensure the proper and reliable operation of existing versions. There are certainly quite a few complaints and comments on the Wilders forums regarding the lack of bug fixes for Version 11.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: True Image 11 - Corrupt Files on Restore / Upd

I guess it's humorous that all three of us have switched to ShadowProtect and here we are grousing about Acronis. But I too think it's sinful that they can acknowledge this problem and make users PAY for a fix with an alleged new version rather than a free patch or upgrade. I used to be a pretty faithful Acronis customer, AND...

What's more, I'm a registered beta tester and have never been notified of a potential Version 12, so I guess they're doing it "in house" and not involving any outside testers. Of course, I AM embarrassed that I beta tested Version 11 on my secondary machine and DIDN'T discover the problem that eventually caused ME to leave the fold, i.e. failure of my nightly selected file backups! Oh well, live and learn...

Thanks

Re: True Image 11 - Corrupt Files on Restore / Upd

Al,
    As an Acronis Beta tester also, I have heard about the POSSIBILITY of a Ver 12 coming out, but not yet ready to release to the beta testing team.
    I'll let you know if I hear anything more substantial from the test team.
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!