New Lounger
    Thanks

microsoft reader latest version

Hi. I'm not sure if this is a problem with Vista or just a general reader problem. I've got two problems.

I recently downloaded the reader to my new machine and activated it. It said it was successful. I could read the books I'd transferred from my old machine. I recently bought another ebook. When I tried to open it it said 'the digital security software that protects this book has been updated, you must reactivate'.

I've gone to the microsoft site, it says I have the most recent version and it is activated. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. No joy.

The second problem: I have downloaded some free ebooks which I can read after I've downloaded. But if I close the reader and reopen it the books have disappeared. If I download the books again, the reader opens and there they all are. I have no idea what to do.

I can't seem to find any way of choosing where to download the books to. It just says 'temp folder' which I can't find. The books do not seem to download to My Library. I can't find where they are on the machine. I've tried manually looking and doing a search.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

Re: microsoft reader latest version

This Microsoft Reader - Support for PC item does not say that MS Reader run on Vista. If a program is not qualified to run on Vista then it should be avoided. As you have discovered, it may install correctly but may not operate as it should.

You could try some of the links at Reader Solution Center to see if they are of any help. Also, see Microsoft Reader - Product Information for more links.

You'll probably have to contact Microsoft and see if they are going to update Reader to operate correctly with Vista.

Joe
    Joe

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: microsoft reader latest version

It just says 'temp folder' which I can't find.

To open your temp folder, click on Start, type the following command in the search box

%temp%

and then hit the Enter key.