New Lounger
    Thanks

Bitmaps used for icons dont display correctly

I have successfully used bitmaps with the file extension changed to an icon file in both win95 and 98 in the past. On using these same files on my new (dual boot) win2K pro OS they dont display properly. The white background of the bitmap appears black when used as an icon. In fact after some messing around I have found that what ever the colour of the top left hand pixel is displayed as black. So in a monochrome bitmap if the top left pixel is black then the rest of the icon displays white correctly. Whatever the case my icons used to show the white in the images as transparent.

Can anybody shed some light for me?
    Thanks in advance.

Simon Lampen

Thanks

Re: Bitmaps used for icons dont display correctly

Can't answer the question as to why, but a bundle of freeware here at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.mediahorizon.net/search/Desktop/Icons/index.shtml>Media Horizon</A> - I think you should find something there to sort you out.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Bitmaps used for icons dont display correctly

Thanks Leif, I have tried one of the icon editors. Curiously though this editor still has trouble with transparent pixels. If I start with a blank icon and add colour the transparency works but as soon as I try and paint back some of the pixels to transparent it will not retake the transparency.