3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook Express (Windows XP Pro)

My boss and I use OE as our Email client - set up on two computers. Because his computer is mostly turned off, we pick up all messages at my desk (the other good part of that is I can back them up with our other files). On the rare occasion when he wants to send an email, he may end up not shutting down OE. That happened this week, and I spent two days wondering where all the emails went, as I was sending, but not receiving. After calling tech support, something prompted me to go into his computer and I found out he had used OE and not shut it down, so all the messages were coming into his computer.

Does anyone know of a way I can get the incoming messages to always come to my computer, regardless of whether his is on or not?

Thanks.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Outlook Express (Windows XP Pro)

Go into the advance tab of the account properties on HIS machine and check mark it to Leave copy on server. Also add a check mark to the "5" days. You may change the number of days to what you want.

This will leave the email on the server for 5 days and then be deleted. But in the mean time you can visit the server and the email will be down loaded and removed. This way you will get what he has downloaded but he will NOT get what you have downloaded before he visits the server.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook Express (Windows XP Pro)

Thanks very much Dave. That is exactly what I need due to a boss who can't remember to shut his computer down at the end of the day.