New Lounger
    Thanks

Can't relationship from 3 tables (Access)

Hi, Everyone
    I have problem about Access again. Hope you all not bored me.
    I make relationship from 3 tables but the result that I expected not true. It show only 2 tables.
    Please open attach file.
    The result I want after relationship is;

ACTION OFFICE : Table
    AO_ID AO_NAME
    1 Toshiba-TV

Will have + sign and then click will show CASES TABLE
    CASE_ID CASE_MONTH CASE _NUMERALS CLIENT_ID
    1 2002-02,2002-03,2002-04,… [F011269],[F01272,PCT01276],…. 1

And click + sign on CASES TABLE then will show CLIENT TABLE
    CLIENT_ID CLIENT_SYMBOL CLIENT_NAME
    1 TB Toshiba Co.,Ltd

Hope to hear soon.
    Thank you very much for help me often time.
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Can't relationship from 3 tables (Access)

The way you have created the relationships, you have a many-to-many relationship between the Action Office and the Client table - several different clients can belong to one action office, and several different action offices can be associated with one client. The Cases table is the intermediate table used to implement the many-to-many relationship.

I don't know if this is what you intended (it seems a bit strange to have Toshiba, Sharp and Panasonic in the Action Office table *and* in the Client table), but since the Cases table is a "child" table of both other tables, you can't do what you describe.

For more information about relationships between tables, see the attachment to <!post=Relational design and normalization (Access),669076>Relational design and normalization (Access)<!/post> and Microsoft's Understanding Relational Database Design.

Remark: in general, it is recommended to set the Subdatasheet Name property of tables to [None] since subdatasheets have a negative effect on performance.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Can't relationship from 3 tables (Access)

Oh,Great... I'm reading now. Thank you Hans for advicing me.