Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Faking It - a Suggestion (Access All Versions)

Some other Scramble Data solutions:

DataScramble.mdb (intermediate
    http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/downloa...ataScramble.mdb

Data Anonymous (Scramble That Data) I
    http://www.utteraccess.com/forums/showflat...=&Zt=3e8&Zs=&Zy

HTH John

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks

Faking It - a Suggestion (Access All Versions)

Occasionally, I need to build a database without data. This could be for a couple of reasons; 1) the data is too sensitive for me to take away, or 2) it is for a new function and no data has been collected yet.
    Yet there is nothing like having data to test what you build.
    I also hate data entry.
    If you are in a similar situation you may find the attached Excel file to be useful. I use variations of this file to create all sorts of fake data.
    A couple of points: 1) The file makes extensive use of the RANDBETWEEN function. This requires the installation of the Analysis Toolpack (Excel 2003) Add-in.
    2) Obviously, the data I'm generating is Medicine Hat-centric, but you can find sites like Top 100 Baby Names , Wikipedia Most Common Surnames, and Vancouver Street Name List to customize your output.
    I hope you find this helpful.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile