3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

ODBC - Access (Access 2003)

We are using an ODBC connection and ASP script to upload data from a flat file to tables in Access. This is a connection made accross the network most offten via a VPN connection.

We are having issues when the user trys to send more than four files at the same time.

My questions is this...
    Does Access have a "connection" limit that would allow the first four of these file to upload, but cause the fifth and greater to fail?

We have been told by our vendor that this is the case. Their product creates the flat file and they wrote the ASP script that transfers the data.
    Our IT folks created the ODBC based on information received form the vendor..

I have not heard of a limit in Access that would cause this. I have had databases that have more than four concurrent user with no issues.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Richard

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: ODBC - Access (Access 2003)

Access has a maximum of 255 simultaneous users (although it wouldn't work very well). However, the user's browser probably has a limit of simultaneously active downloads/uploads. I can't help you with that, there's some info in How to configure Internet Explorer to have more than two download sessions.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: ODBC - Access (Access 2003)

Thanks Hans
    Richard