Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Resue Report Objects (Using Access 2000 (9.0.4402) SR-1)

I have a report with hard coded Record Source and Order By, how can I call that same report with an adhoc Criteria Form with a different Record Source and Order By and still preserve the original
    Record Source and Order By?

Trying to reuse as many objects as possible.

Understand the concept, however new to VBA, can you point me to any examples/syntax which illustrate how to work with proper code for my situation.

Thanks, John Graves

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Resue Report Objects (Using Access 2000 (9.0.4402) SR-1)

There are a couple of issues here. You can use an Ad Hoc frontend form to change the selection criteria for any report, without having to change the report. Merely specify the selection criteria when you issue your OpenReport command in code. If you create an OpenReport button using the wizard, it will have a strCriteria field; just make it be what you want it to be.

You can change the recordsource and OrderBy in code in the report's open event. However, you just be careful that the fields of your new recordsource have the same names as the previous one. Remember, your textboxes on the report are bound to a field name, if that field name is no longer there, you will get an error. Also, depending on the report, you may have group/sort sequences set. Will these still be relevant with new recordsource?
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Resue Report Objects (Using Access 2000 (9.0.4402) SR-1)

This sample db from rogers access library may give you an insight. I used it to make a much simpler form of my own.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/download.asp?SampleName='CreateQueries3.mdb'>Sampl e</A>