2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Insert Text From a File (Word 2007)

To insert text from a file in Word 2007, the instructions say to click on Insert|Object|Text from a file, navigate to the document, double click on it and the text from the document will be included in your open file. It is not working for me. Does anyone know of some feature I may not have turned on? Thanks.
    Charlotte Quiroz

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Insert Text From a File (Word 2007)

On my system if you do "Insert, select the drop down arrow on the right of Object" and select 'Text from file' and then browse to you Word file, it works.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Insert Text From a File (Word 2007)

I'm thinking there must be some feature I don't have turned on. I have discovered a couple more features that should be working that are not, Applying a password to secure a document is not working. I follow all the steps, but the document is not secure. Any ideas?
    Charlotte Quiroz