Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Folders as Attachments (Vista SP1)

My Issue
    I have a number of graphics organized into several folders. Is it possible to email the folders and their contents as folders in an attachment to a Windows Mail email message? My attempts so far haven't worked.

My Attempts:
    1. clicked on Attach
    2. scrolled to main folder where graphic folders are located
    3. highlighted all graphic folders (about 8, each containing between 1 and 10 images)
    4. "All Files" was in one drop down menu
    4. there was another drop down for File name which is where I'm stumped. Do I have to name every picture? It will take forever - even if I can figure out where to find the file name of each picture!
    5. I have been clicking "Open" with File name blank and nothing happens (except one folder opens, the one last highlighted in step 3).

Any suggestions gratefully accepted. Help within MS Mail had nothing.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Folders as Attachments (Vista SP1)

You can use a zip program such as WinZip to store an entire folder structure in a zip file. You can then e-mail the zip file.

I don't think there is a built-in way to attach entire folders to an e-mail message.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Folders as Attachments (Vista SP1)

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by IreneLinda on 03-Jun-08 15:35. I added a P.S. with results.)</P>Thanks, Hans. I will see if I can figure out how to zip the folder and attach it. I'll repost if the technology of it is beyond me - or with my success.

Linda

PS Wow! You were right: the zip option worked perfectly. It was very easy to do as well as the option to Send it to a zip file was one that appeared in the drop down menu and it proceeded perfectly from there. Thanks again for the helpful adivce - and for teaching me a new trick!