3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Cannot get Tracked Changes off (2002/2003)

We have a document where Tracked Changes were uses. We have accepted all the changes, turned Tracked Changes off (from the status bar at the bottom, or from the Reviewing Toolbar, or Tools menu, Tracked Changes), saved the file, and closed it. When we open the file Tracked Changes is back on.

It is probably that the document is corrupt, but we need to know for the next time this happens.

Thanks

Re: Cannot get Tracked Changes off (2002/2003)

That sounds as though it should work... However, some changes are not saved unless the document itself is changed, such as the view (Normal/Print Layout). If you think the document was fully saved, then track changes was turned off, then it was saved again, perhaps you also need another change at the same time (e.g., type a space and then delete the space) in order to make it stick?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Cannot get Tracked Changes off (2002/2003)

I tried stopping Tracked Changes, making a change, saving and closing, but still opens with Tracked Changes on.

I have an Add-in that I got from the Lounge which removes the hidden data. The Add-in requires that you save, run the Add-in and save (usually with another name). This seems to have done the trick.

Thanks for the help.