2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Choosing the wright evenet (Access 2007)

During entering orderitems, my code keeps track of the stock of the ordered article, e.g. when 5 units of a article A are ordered, the stock for this article is automatically decreased with 5 units, and this 5 units are reserved for the orderitem in question..
    Now, suppose that such an orderitem has to be changed and well in such a manner that the article that was ordered has to be changed .A change of such a kind means that the article that originally was ordered is canceled, and therefore the stock of this orderitem must again increase with the number of units it was decreased during the entering of the original orderitem.
    When and where can i put the code to make this correction ?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Choosing the wright evenet (Access 2007)

I wouldn't allow the user to change the article once it has been selected in the same form.
    I'd create a separate unbound form where the user can select a record, specify the new article, then click a command button that modifies the order, increases the stock for the original article and decreases the stock for the new article.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Dear Hans;
    with all respect for your suggestion, i have some doubts about the practice of this solution. Suppose that a user is entering more than one orderitem for the same order . After entering two ore more items, and still being entering other orderitems for the same order, she or he sees that the article choosen for let us say the second orderitem is wrong.
    In such a case you may normaly expect that the user will click with the mouse on the field "Articlenr" of the orderitem in question with the goal to choose the wright Articlenr.
    I do not see quiet clear in what kind of manner the user in such a case will stop entering futher orderitems, close the form and open another form to get the orderitem fixed.
    I fear they will complain the extra work to get the job done, or is there another way to go smoothly from one form to another and then going back to the first form?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Order management is not my forte. There are other Loungers who are better suited to help you with this.