Thread: excel (post)

New Lounger
    Thanks

excel (post)

I have a new computer with Vista P. While working with an excel file in Microsoft Works, and opening print preview, there is nothing on the top of the page to help me set up my worksheet to print. Help <post#=1917>post 1917</post#>

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: excel (post)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

I don't have MS Works myself, so I don't know how print preview works there, but doesn't the spreadsheet application have File | Page Setup... and File | Print... menu items?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: excel (post)

Hi,
    If you mean that you're working with a excel doc compiled with some other system than Works and are trying to work with it using Works, then I don't have any knowledge. However, I have XP (Home) with Works7 and use the spreadsheet option (.xls) which, I think, is a basic excel process. If I click on 'file' on the menu bar I get a drop-down menu offering a number of options, one of which is Print Preview. If I click on 'Print Preview' I then get a menu bar at the top of the previewed document offering me the options NEXT, PREVIOUS, ZOOM IN, ZOOM OUT, PRINT, CLOSE.

Hope this is of use.
    Regards,
    Keith