Lounger
    Thanks

Alphabetize (Small Business Edition 2003)

On my contacts I have several catagories. I would like to alphabetize the listings I have in each catagory. when I try to do this all my contacts merge into one group. How can I alphabetize just one catagory at a time without it effecting the rest of them?

Thansk,

Bearfur

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Alphabetize (Small Business Edition 2003)

You can alpha order within all of your Categories as follows:

1. as you are already doing, View your Contacts by Category,
    2. then alphabetize them by clicking on the Full Name header, or the File As header, whichever you prefer,
    3. next, right click the Categories Header, and from the drop down select Group By This Field

You can also try using the Group By Box in that same drop-down menu, you might like the way it works.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Lounger
    Thanks

Hi John,

Thank you for your reply. I'm afraid that doesn't work. #1 When I click on the Full Name header or the File As header all the Catagory headers go away. This is the problem I was trying to describe in the first initial post. So step #3 of your instruction is impossible to do because of that. There are no Catagory headers to click on. Where is this Catagories header your talking about? Is it in with the actual contacts or are you talking about the one next to the "Group By Box" button at the top of the page? I'm good up to step #3, from there I am lost. There are no Catagory headers and there is no selection in the drop down box that says "Group By This Field". Thank you and I will wait for your reply.

Bearfur

Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you John,

I found the porblem, apparently I did not have "Catagory" assigined as one of the headers. I went into the "Cusomize Current View" and added it, then I was able to follow #3 of your earlier instructions. It worked great and now it is all alphabetized. Thank you once again,

Bearfur

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Glad you found it, and that you figured out that the gray bar with the field names is what I meant by the "Header" bar.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS