New Lounger
    Thanks

Word 2000 Duplex Printing (9.0.2720)

I want to manually duplex print a document from Word, but I can't find any mention of duplex printing when I open the print dialog box. My printer supports it, as I duplex print from other programs. What gives?

Jim T.

Thanks

Re: Word 2000 Duplex Printing (9.0.2720)

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by jscher2000 on 04-Jun-08 21:48. )</P>I haven't seen this anywhere in Word. When I want to print on both sides of the page, I make a change to the printer settings (in the Print dialog, via the Properties button).

Word also supports proprietary printer languages, so you could send the necessary codes to invoke duplex printing using the PRINT field. However, that probably would be more trouble than it's worth; the field might get copied and pasted into other documents and cause unexpected problems.

Added: In Word 2003's print dialog, there is a checkbox for Manual duplex just below Print to file. However, this refers to manually turning over the paper by hand in the printer, rather than automatic duplex printing.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word 2000 Duplex Printing (9.0.2720)

Ha. I had clicked on everything in Properties except on a button I missed. There it is, hidden away. Thanks. I'll see if it actually works.