4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Macro Works Intermittently (Office 2003)

I have a macro to toggle the TaskPaneController however it will only work after the task pane has been displayed once. If I open Excel by opening a specific file the task pane does not display (probably by design). If I run my macro I get a run-time error with the message "method 'Visible' of Object 'CommandBar' failed". However, if I manually display the task pane the first time, I can then use my macro to toggle the task pane for the rest of the session. The macro always fails on the second line so I tried reversing the False and True and it still failed on the Application.CommandBars("Task Pane")Visible = True. Can anyone see what is wrong with the code I am using?
    <pre>If Application.CommandBars("Task Pane").Visible = False Then
    Application.CommandBars("Task Pane").Visible = True
    Else
    Application.CommandBars("Task Pane").Visible = False
    End If</pre>

Thanks
    <font face="Comic Sans MS"><big><font color=4682b4>Sherry</font color=4682b4></big></font face=comic>

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Macro Works Intermittently (Office 2003)

I don't have Excel 2003 so I couldn't test the following. I use the following method to toggle toolbars.

Application.CommandBars("Task Pane").Visible = not(Application.CommandBars("Task Pane").Visible)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I can reproduce your problem. I don't know what causes it, but the following line works to display the task pane even if it wasn't shown previously:

CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").FindControl(ID:=5746, Recursive:=True).Execute

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

That does it!! Thanks Hans.
    <font face="Comic Sans MS"><big><font color=4682b4>Sherry</font color=4682b4></big></font face=comic>

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

This code does the same thing that my code does - works only after manually displaying the task pane. It must be a 2003 issue. Hans came up with code that works even if the task pane has not been displayed. Thanks, mbarron.