Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Vanishing mail (Vista)

I have a friend running Vista on a new laptop. His mail appears in the inbox without a problem. If he clicks on the "sent mail" folder then back to the inbox, the last e-mail vanishes. If he does this 6 times, the last 6 vanish. Very strange. MS won't help because Vista was preinstalled (easy way for them to avoid the issue), the manufacture blames the problem on his ISP (he has no problem with his mail on his desktop on the same ISP using XP and Outlook Express), and, of course, the ISP hasn't been called because that's surely not the issue.

Has anyone seen this behavior before or have any suggestions? He would like to climb through the phone and jam Vista down someone's throat at MS.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Re: Vanishing mail (Vista)

First, I'd upgrade the Windows Mail to Windows Live Mail - Overview. The names are similar but Windows Live Mail is the follow on product to Outlook Express & Windows Mail. WLM is a new product that is more stable.

BTW, are there any e-mail rules set up?

Joe
    Joe

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the tip on the newer product. I will look into "rules" -- you may have hit the nail on the head with that one.

Again, thanks for the quick feedback.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

My friend downloaded this new version but cannot find the option where he can "leave mail on the server"...unfortunately, we aren't co-located, so I'm shooting from the hip here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Never mind...he found the setting for leaving mail on the server. Sorry for the inconvenience.