Thread: Dual Monitor

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Dual Monitor

I have had a dual monitor setup at work for about six months now and I really like it. I want to do the same at home. Since my computer only has one monitor port, I assume I have to replace the video card. Is that correct?
    Ronny Richardson

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Dual Monitor

Yes, you need a video card with dual outputs. There are several to choose from, just make sure that the new video card's supported resolutions match the monitor resolutions you plan to use. My opinion is that dual monitors is the best way to run a modern computer. Have some fun with the new home setup.

Paul

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

You don't mention you setup, but you can also get a second monitor card as long as the cards are the same manufacture (to avoid compatibility problems).

I have an older computer that uses an AGP and PCI Video card (one for a 19" monitor, the other fro a 14" LCD.

However, the simplest solution maybe a newer dual output video card. Make sure to get the output connectors compatible with your monitor choices.

HTH
    Scott

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I guess I'm lucky then because I have two graphics cards in my ancient Win 98 box at home and it works fine even though the cards are from different manufacturers.

Ken

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, I figured that was the answer but wanted to check before spending the money.
    Ronny Richardson