EPYroche

Embeding fonts (97 sp2)

I want to send an access report to word via send object. One of the fields uses a bar code font that may or may not be available on the receiving machine. Is there a may to make sure the font is included / embedded with the RTF file sent to word.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Embeding fonts (97 sp2)

Any font that you send to Word in RTF format should be embedded in the document. It's easy enough to test by just copying the document to another machine that lacks the barcode font.
    Charlotte

EPYroche

I guess the real question I was asking was: Is there a way, in access, to turn on the option in the word document that saves save the font with the document. The initial spawning of the word document is fine, but if forwarded it seems that the font doesn't go on, it sort of gets lost. There is an option in word to embed the font in the file. It is perhaps a conversion thing with RTF and doc? I also know that if i worked hard enough at a "sendkey" approach with RUNAPP, that might work, but i was hoping for an easier solution.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Do you mean that if you forward the document to another person, they can't see the barcodes?
    Charlotte

EPYroche

yes, and there is an option in word that is not turned on to embed the font