Results 1 to 2 of 2
2008-06-16, 15:18 #1
- Join Date
- Jun 2008
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
transferring a large amount of emails to a user (O
I have a large amount of emails that I have, over the last three months, sent to a specific folder in my inbox.
I want a new employee to go through all these emails. I selected all of them and chose 'forward to' and on his machine did a 'save as' and saved them in a local folder on his hard drive.
The problem was that a lot of the emails have the same title, so they are overwritten and lost. Is there any way I can just allow him to access all these mails inside his outlook?
2008-06-16, 15:33 #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2002
- Thanked 30 Times in 30 Posts
Re: transferring a large amount of emails to a user (O
You can export the folder to a Personal Folders File (*.pst) and give the other user the .pst file (transfer it via the network or on CD/DVD).
- Select File | Import and Export...
- Select Export to a file, then click Next.
- Select Personal Folders File (.pst), then click Next.
- Select the folder you want to export, and if necessary tick the check box to include subfolders, then click Next.
- Specify a file name (and location), then click Finish.
- Since you presumably specified the name of a new .pst file, you'll be asked some details. Give the file a descriptive display name (preferably different from the default "Personal Folders").
The new employee can open the file by selecting File | Open | Outlook Data File...