Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bullets line up

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Bullets line up

Hi,

For some reason, my seond line of bullets doesn't line up, please see below:

Test Test Test Test Test Test Test
    Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test
    Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test

How can I modify my codes to show as the follow:

Test Test Test Teset Test Test Test

I am using the css style and below is the line codes:

.nav ul {
    text-align:left;
    list-style-type:none;
    display:block;
    margin:10px;
    padding:0;
    }

Thanks in advance

Regards

Thanks

Re: Bullets line up

I'm not sure whether your post really reflects what you meant. Can you post the HTML of your unordered list or use <!t>[pre]<!/t> <!t>[/pre]<!/t> markup around your illustration to make it line up (right now the two examples look roughly the same to me)?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Below is my html codes of unordered list:

*</p>

[*]
    <font face="Verdana" style="font-size: 8pt">I have problem. I have problem. I have problem. I have problem. I have problem. I have problem. I have problem. I have problem. I have problem.</font>
    [*]
    <font face="Verdana" style="font-size: 8pt">I have problem. I have problem. I have problem. I have problem. I have problem. I have problem. I have problem. I have problem. I have problem.</font>
    [*]
    [*]
    [*]
    [*]
    <font face="Verdana" style="font-size: 8pt">I have problem. I have problem. I have problem. I have problem. I have problem. I have problem. I have problem. I have problem. I have problem. </font>

*</p>

Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If you want a real unordered list, you should place a <ul> tag before the first[*] and a[/list]tag after the last .

Note: you have switched the last </font> and .

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, Hans.

After I add those two <ul> tags and the bullter is disappeared. Please see codes below:

</p>

<ul>[*]
    <font face="Verdana" style="font-size: 8pt">I have problem. I have problem. I have problem. I have problem. I have problem. I have problem. I have problem. I have problem. I have problem.</font> [*]
    <font face="Verdana" style="font-size: 8pt">I have problem. I have problem. I have problem. I have problem. I have problem. I have problem. I have problem. I have problem. I have problem.</font> [*]
    <font face="Verdana" style="font-size: 8pt">I have problem. I have problem. I have problem. I have problem. I have problem. I have problem. I have problem. I have problem. I have problem.</font> <ul>

</p>

I would like to keep bullets, but the second line of each bullet I would like to line up with text, not bullet. Sorry for unclear info.

Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If I paste your HTML into a text file (with <html><body> before it and </body></html> after it, I get what is shown in the screenshot below.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png x.png (2.1 KB, 0 views)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, Hans.

Do you think there's something to do with css. I am using the css style and below is the line style codes:

.nav ul {
    }

Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The line

specifies that you don't want bullets. You can either omit this line or change it to

list-style-type:disc;

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I either change to list-style-type:disc; or omit this line. The whole pages lose the format, it seems like ccs doesn't apply to the web pages.

Any idea?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry, I'll have to leave this to other Loungers who know more about CSS.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Can you paste all of the css, and all of the html into a text file and attach them?

Your css for <ul> looks like it is intended to provide a list style menu, but because it starts with

.nav ul {

it should only apply to lists within a <div> that has the class nav.

<pre><div class="nav"></pre>

If your list is within such a Div move the end of the Div to before the start of the list.
    Regards
    John

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Gary

The problem that you are facing at the moment is that you appear to be over complicating the HTML . Hopefully I have simplified it for you by removing the unwanted Font tags which can be easily placed in the CSS style like follows:

<pre>.nav ul {
    list-style-type:circle;
    font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
    font-size: 9px;

}
    </pre>

I have also ensured that I used a font family for citizens who may not have one or more of the fonts installed on their client PC.

There was also a problem with the fact that the UL tag was not closed propoerly and be it that you are a IE7 user it may not have as forgiving as older version of IE were. Finally, as other have mentioned, your code snippet did not have the UL tags nesting within a DIV tag.

I have attached the file with my modifications
    Jerry

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for all of your help. Here is my situation now: After I insert <div class="nav">
    <ul>

and then the bullets lines up. However, the bullets disappeared as soon as I put css file. I have attached both my css & html codes.

Thanks again for all of your help.

Regards
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks

Your CSS file has an explicit instruction to NOT display the bullets. The attached page illustrates a list with a default list style and your list styles.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you so much, jscher2000.

I don't why after I modified the codes and retry it with CSS and html, I still can't see the bullets. Do you mind to take a look again on the attached my style & html file?

Thank you so much for your help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast