Lounger
    Thanks

Search on Start Menu (Ultimate SP1)

Although when I do Start I get the Search window at the bottom of the left side of the Start menu, I also want Search to be an option on the right vertical side of the Start menu (like where I have Control Panel and Printers and so on). I can't see how to do this in Customize in the Properties of Start. I think it used to be there, so I wonder if I lost something, maybe around the time I installed SP1. An acceptable alternative might be to park Search in the QuickLaunch, but when I search for Search, I don't find the Search program - even though the program is working.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Search on Start Menu (Ultimate SP1)

Command to run Windows Search in Windows Vista is

search-ms:

You can run this command from Run dialog. However, if you create a shortcut to Windows Search on your desktop or in menus, Internet Explorer Protected Mode will prevent you from running the shortcut. You can either disable Protected Mode (not recommended), or, better, use keyboard shortcut:

Press Windows key and F key simultaneously.

Try to memorize keyboard shortcut (Windows-Find) - it will work better than menu shortcuts.

Lounger
    Thanks

Perfect. Thank you. The keyboard command is exactly what I want and works perfectly.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Yes, Search was there on the original release, it was removed during SP1, due to a legal agreement between MS and a few Search engine companies.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.