Results 1 to 2 of 2
2008-06-18, 22:16 #1
- Join Date
- Mar 2008
- New York, New York, USA
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Word crashing with Document_Open (2007)
Word crashes for some of my users when they try to open a file containing a Document_Open routine. The routine works fine for most users, but a handful cannot run the macro without Word shutting down.
After some declarations, the only command that it runs before a message box should appear is:
thisSys = System.OperatingSystem
The message box never appears, so I assume it crashes before it gets there.
Does anyone know of a setting that might be preventing these users from running the Document_Open routine? I've looked all over Word Options, and can't seem to find anything.
2008-06-18, 22:30 #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2002
- Thanked 28 Times in 28 Posts
Re: Word crashing with Document_Open (2007)
If possible, go to one of the users who has problems and try the following:
- Start Word.
- If the user is prompted to allow macros, open the document and hold down the Shift key while clicking "Enable Macros", until the document has fully opened.
- If the user doesn't get this prompt, hold down the Shift while opening the document until it has fully opened.
- This will prevent automatic execution of Document_Open.
- Activate the Visual Basic Editor (Alt+F11).
- Select Debug | Compile <projectname> to see if there are problems with the code.
- Open the ThisDocument module.
- Click in the Document_Open procedure.
- Try to execute it step-by-step by pressing F11.