New Lounger
    Thanks

remove security (2003)

I'm working on a database where I want to remove all security from or make a new copy without access security implemented. I don't want to have to deal with access security until later in the delevopment of the database.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: remove security (2003)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

Microsoft's Access Security FAQ states:
    <hr>How can I "de-secure" a database?

You need to have Administer permissions and/or be a member of the Admins group. Grant full permissions to the Users group and the Admin user account. Put the Admin user back in the Admins group and remove the password from the Admin user. You will not be prompted for a logon ID and password once the password is removed from the Admin user. Optionally, you can also run the Security Wizard again to transfer ownership of all objects back to the Admin user, but the wizard will also remove permissions from the Users group, which you may not want.<hr>
    (If you're interested, you can download the FAQ from Microsoft Access Security FAQ available in the Download Center.

New Lounger
    Thanks

When trying to unsecure the database I granted full permission to users and groups, but I deleted all of the users on accident. Is there away to access the database still

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The Admin user should still exist - you can't delete Admin.
    If Admin has been removed from the Admins group, make it a member of the Admins group again.
    And clear the password for the Admin user.
    You should then be able to open the database again.