2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

WMP10 DVD decoder (XP home)

I just installed a lighton dvd drive and have been trying to play Netflix movies on it. I got an error message that said I needed a decoder with a list of suggested sources. I downloaded Cineplayer DVD decoder pack 2.3.1 from Roxio, install it and got the same error message. I used the Microsoft Windows XP Video Decoder Checkup Utility and got an error message: This decoder is not compatible with the synchronization feature of Windows Media Player 10. We recommend against setting this decoder as the preferred decoder." So, I installed the Nero 7 essentials. And, got the same error message. What do I do?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: WMP10 DVD decoder (XP home)

I tried a little research on the Web and could not anything on your specific problem, although you did not say the specific error message.

Have you tried calling Netflix Technical Support at 1-866-402-2616 ?

You can also try the Netflix Community Forum

The one thing I have noticed while looking into your problem are numerous mentions that Netflix uses Microsoft DRM (Digital Rights Management) software. This may result in needing to upgrade to the latest windows Media player and making sure appropriate options have been selected to play DRM Movie content.
    Scott

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you for your response. Since you replied I installed Windows Media Player 11. The Netflix DVD I am trying to look at on my computer is a UDF file system and I don't find any information anywhere about how to open it. I called the Netflix number and they didn't have any information. I also searched for UDF files in the Netflix Community and came up with nothing. The DVD plays OK on the DVD player on my TV set.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Joe