Star Lounger
    Thanks

Signature for Outlook (Outlook 2003)

How do I get rid of underlining for my e-mail address and web site in the Outlook 2003 signature? I have turned it off in the Font menu, but when I go into a message, it shows up with those links underlined.

I have the style set in Word NOT to underline hyperlinks. I can't find a way to change the style in Outlook.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Signature for Outlook (Outlook 2003)

I have a feeling that you can't change this - it probably depends on the way the recipient displays hyperlinks in the browser, so it doesn't matter how you format them.

Thanks

Is the message in HTML format? You might be able to edit out the hyperlink tags in the signature file. This might require opening the file in an editor that doesn't understand HTML so the tag is not hidden from you. WordPad or Notepad might be a good choice.

Here is an example of what you might see:

<code>Email: name@domain.com</code>

And what you want after editing:

<code>Email: name@domain.com</code>

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Notepad didn't work. I still get the blue or underlining. I finally changed my default message to Rich Text, and that helps some.

If I could get to the html, I could fix it, but I can't find the html versions. I guess it's just another case of Microsoft helping me out. I wish they'd give us the option of making our own decisions. There should be one switch that turns off all automatic options for those of us who want to do it our way.

Thanks.

Thanks

Unfortunately, many mail programs cannot properly decode rich text format and will mystify recipients with a winmail.dat attachment.

Although of course it's inconvenient to have to do it regularly, you convert your email address (or any URL) back to plain text by clicking in it (while composing an HTML-format message) and using <code>Insert > Remove Hyperlink</code>.