Lounger
    Thanks

Character limit in cells (2003 SP3)

Is there a limit to the # of characters that Excel will display/print per cell? I have a file that has extended text in one column. Once the text reaches a certain # of characters (?) the screen will not display the entire text cell, nor will it print. The text is still all there. I have tried to change the alignment from Bottom to Top, and I have checked "Wrap Text." I do not know how to fix this problem. I have had to resort to adding a line so that I can continue the text and it will display/print that way. Please help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Character limit in cells (2003 SP3)

Excel is not a Word processor, it doesn't handle wrapped text in cells very well, even if the number of characters is well within the limit. If you need to store long text in cells, I'd use a table in a Word document.

Lounger
    Thanks

Part of my Excel file uses formulas to calculate length of time. Can I use formulas in Word???

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, you can, although it's much less convenient than in Excel. See macropod's <!post=Date Calculations in Word,249902>Date Calculations in Word<!/post> and <!post=Word Field Maths (1.3),365442>Word Field Maths (1.3)<!/post>.
    If you choose Excel, formulas are relatively easy to use but text processing is lousy.
    If you choose Word, text processing is great but formulas are hard to build and maintain.
    It's up to you to decide which is most important to you.

An Access database might be another option - Access is not as good at text processing as Word, but much better than Excel, and it isn't as easy to use formulas as in Excel, but much easier than in Word...