4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

No outpot from query (MSACCESS 2003)

I have played around with quotes on this, but still get nothing. Put it into a messagebox but cannot see what should or not be there. Regards

mysql = "SELECT UCase(StrConv(Mid([Athlete],InStrRev([Athlete],"" "")+1),3)) AS Surname, StrConv([Athlete],3) AS [Full Name],"
    mysql = mysql & " AthleteNames.Country, AthleteNames.Athlete, AthleteNames.AthleteID FROM AthleteNames"
    mysql = mysql & " WHERE ((UCase(StrConv(Mid([Athlete], InStrRev([Athlete], "" "") + 1), 3)) "
    mysql = mysql & " Like '" & Me!UUU.Caption & "*'"

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: No outpot from query (MSACCESS 2003)

You have a condition on UCase(...) so the string you're comparing to should be in upper case too, so try

mysql = mysql & " Like '" & UCase(Me!UUU.Caption) & "*'"

BTW there is no point in using StrConv(..., 3) if you're going to apply UCase to the result.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans, but I still get no output. This is the code that was inside the listbox rowsource, maybe I have done something wrong in my conversion before pasting my last code.
    ?

SELECT UCase(StrConv(Mid([Athlete],InStrRev([Athlete]," ")+1),3)) AS Surname, StrConv([Athlete],3) AS [Full Name], AthleteNames.Country, AthleteNames.Athlete, AthleteNames.AthleteID FROM AthleteNames WHERE (((UCase(StrConv(Mid([Athlete],InStrRev([Athlete]," ")+1),3))) Like [FORMS]![Mainform1].[Form].[UUU].[CAPTION] & "*")) ORDER BY AthleteNames.Athlete;

Best regards

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

It looks OK, if you're sure that the caption is always in upper case. As usual, I'd have to see the database if you want further assistance.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans. It is strange as when the rowsource is hardcoded it works. The reason I am trying to make it external is because when the form opens its asks for a parameter value of UUU.Caption. I tried putting in a * in the labels caption but it still asks. Actually, while I am wring I realise the control L3 is on the mainform, and the label is on the subform. As the subform has not yet opened it may be the reason its unhappy. I will move the label onto the mainform, could be the answer. Anyway thanks for your appreciated help as ever. Regards