Lundster

powerpoint gifs (ppt 2002)

I am inserting various types of animation into paowerpoint. Some of the .gifs being inserted have a black background (what I prefer), and some have a white background. Anyone know how I can make them the white backgrounds transparent. The transparency tool doesn't work on .gifs. Please help. Thanks.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: powerpoint gifs (ppt 2002)

This is away from my expertise, but here's a rip at it. A GIF file can be a series of pictures looking like animation just like old flip cartoon animation.

However this GIF file is being created will have to use the background you're looking for.

The transparency tool doesn't work because of the way the GIF file is built

Thanks

Just to take Grant's comments a step further. Each frame in an animated gif cartoon must have a transparent background for the entire gif to be transparent.
    If you are working with an existing gif, you'd have to "open it up" and make each frame transparent.
    If you have FrontPage 98 with Image Composer - it had a gif animation tool you could install. I'm not up on any freeware (altho' there must be some out there). You could check on the software board.
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Jasc Software (the Paint Shop Pro people) has an animation program called Animation Shop. You can download Animation Shop for a free 30 day trial from:

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://link>http://www.jasc.com/download_4.asp?</A>

I personally think it's pretty user friendly..