Lounger
    Thanks

drop down in the criteria box of query (access 2003)

Good afternoon all
    My question is can you make a drop down list in a query meaning I have about 100 or so records and they are listed by thier names is their away to have a drop down come up when they are pullin a report and they click item name and it shows that record as a report. I have it built know where they enter the prority number but I forgot that the priority numbers change but the name of the item doesn't and if they wanted to see just that one record they could just click on it or if they wanted different ones they could hold the ctrl button and select the records hit ok and it show those. Please let me know if this can be done or not. Thanks again for your help and support in advance.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: drop down in the criteria box of query (access 2003)

You can't have a dropdown list in the criteria of a query.
    Instead, you can let the user choose an item on a form.
    If the user will always select a single item, you can use a combo box or a single-select list box on the form.
    If the user needs to be able to select multiple items, you should use a multi-select list box on the form. You can't select multiple items in a combo box.
    You'd put a command button next to the list box or combo box to open the report for the selected item(s).

See <post:=682,202>post 682,202</post:> for an example of the code you'd need for a combo box.
    See <post:=465,456>post 465,456</post:> for an example with a multi-select list box.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: drop down in the criteria box of query (access 2003)

Thanks Hans i appreciate it. Let you know if it works