Thread: Back Up

Thanks

Back Up

I had to do a total destructive recovery on my wifes computer this weekend. Everything is going Ok. I read about a back up software called Casper does anyone know anything about this. My primary goal is to back up her hard drive to a MAXTOR 100G USB and to back up files and folders about once a week. I also want to be able to use that to recover if this happens again. PS it has got to be easy to use
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Back Up

John,

We have a forum that is dedicated to "Computer security and backup", so I have moved your post there.

If you search this forum for Backup you will find that many people are using Acronis True Image 11 Home or ShadowProtect Desktop Edition.

StuartR

Thanks

Thanks Stuart. I have read those posts, and noticed lately that some are moving away from Acronis to Shadow protect. I will look into that one.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

And since I'm one of the "drifters away" let me say that you should note that there were specific reasons in the cases of those of us who changed horses. I still think both products are excellent and you won't (I hope) catch me bad-mouthing TI just because it no longer suited me.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

My current approach is to back up all my important files and folders to an external drive, but do no disk imaging. For this task I use Karen's Replicator, which is very simple to use, free and flexible to schedule.

Paul

Thanks

Did your Maxtor drive come with its "one touch" backup software? I think it got pretty good reviews back in the day, but it would not have the advanced image backup features of some of the programs mentioned further up this thread.

Thanks

in all these years Al I've never seen you bad mouth anything. Your comments were not taken that way
    Thanks John

Thanks

Yes it does do a pretty good job of backing up the files and I use that regularly.
    Thanks John