2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Exporting Reports (Office 2007)

I have a user who wants to export a few reports to Excel. In Office 2003, no problem, as it was a option. From what I've been able to find, that export option is not a function in Office 2007. The help file says reports cannot be exported to Excel. The reports in question are not based off a query as they are simple and pull the fields necessary from a table that already contains only the applicable records.

Has anyone figured out a work around to exporting reports to Excel? I've not done it much myself because the formats always get messed up, but this user has. I could create queries that he could then export, but would like to avoid creating objects if there is another way (this application already has close to 200 queries).

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Nancy

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Exporting Reports (Office 2007)

Microsoft has removed the option to export a report to Excel from Access 2007 - see You cannot export a report to an Excel format in Access 2007 and Export data to Excel. If your report contains calculations, I fear that the only options are:
    - Create a query that includes the calculations and export that to Excel, or
    - Export the report to a .txt, .csv or .htm file and import that into Excel.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Exporting Reports (Office 2007)

Thanks, Hans. I thought it was worth asking.

Nancy