Thanks

Outlook translator (Office 2003)

My wifes computer recently crashed and I was able to export here Outlook express e-mail to Outlook and then back it up as a .pst file. I was not so fortunate with her contacts and backed them up as a .csv file. Now I want to import those contacts into Outlook 2003, but when I do O get the message that I need to install the Microsoft Outlook translator along with the the insert the CD warning. I do that, but have been unable to find the translator. I went to the MS update site and in there it says that the translator was part of SP2. I have updated Outlook to SP3 but still no joy. Ideas?
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Thanks

Re: Outlook translator (Office 2003)

If Google and MSKB don't have the answer, you might try some other approach.

By any chance, do you still have the original address book files to reload into Outlook Express or possibly import from?

You could try a different translator, like Mozilla Thunderbird, and see whether it has better luck with the CSV file.

Thanks

Re: Outlook translator (Office 2003)

Problem Solved.
    I opened Add and remove programs, clicked "Change" on MSO 2003, clicked on Advanced and chose "Run All from Computer". It needed the CD which I have, and installed the translator.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)