Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Missing DLL file (Vitsa Ultimate)

Are you sure you've got the name right? Neither Google nor the newsgroups return anything whatsoever about kkmhtmc.dll.

If you search Google for acer webcam driver you'll find some downloads on Softpedia. See if you can find one for your model.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Attached is an image of the erroneous DLL message and I also check it with google and did not come up with a hit....re the nonfunctioning webcam, I checked Acer drivers for the 5102WLMI laptop and found nothing that worked....I was hoping the find some alternate driver that works for an Ultimate installion on this computer...Thanks for the prompt response....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

That looks like kkmht<big> r n </big>c.dll to me (???) (spaces added for clarity only)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Also, assuming my old eyes are reading the name correctly...

I have Vista Ultimate installed and have no DLLs in the mentioned folder that even START with the leters "kk"; a Google search on the amended name also yields nil. Have you a virus protection program running and possibly malware protection as well? I'm wondering if something has crept in without your knowledge.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I recently installed Super AntiSpyware Pro, v. 4.15 and maybe this is where the rogue DLL came from....It doesn't seem to have any negative effect on the functioning of the laptop but it is annoying to get the popup window every time I boot...might there be any solution which would block to window?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

A search found a worm associated with kkm.exe. If you search for this you will get more information.

Thanks

Try AUTORUNS to see if you can spot a start-up for anything resembling that file.
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Missing DLL file (Vitsa Ultimate)

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by epopp on 10-Jul-08 18:55. Finally found fix by editing out reference to the DLL at: HKEY-LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/WINDOWS/CURRENTVERSION/RUN...Thanks for all prompt responses.)</P>For some undetermined reason I have suddenly began to receiving an error message that the following module: kkmhtmc.dll is missing when my laptToher than the error message at boot time there is no effecting on the computer's function. Appears that once MSIE is booted the computer seems to function o.k., but the error message at each boot is annoying. Unrelated, I was wondring if anyone has a working driver for my Acer webcam which was lost then I installed Windows Ultimate (Acer indicates they only have one for an OEM version of Ultimate and they have not realed one for other versions)....Thans for any help....