New Lounger
    Thanks

Can't Lock Table error message (2003)

I have a strange problem. I create a table in code, which I use to load the table the form is bound to. I can sit all day on this form, putting in information. I use the same temporary table in two other forms. When I used one of the other forms, and try to create the table using a make table query, it gives me an error message: "Can not lock table is in use by another user"
    I have tried to delete the table in code, can't do it get the error message. I tried to close the table, no help. My next step is to use seperate tables for each form, don't don't know why that should help. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Mike

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Can't Lock Table error message (2003)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

As long as a form bound to a table is open, that table is locked against deletion and against design changes. If the table remains locked after all forms bound to it have been closed, first try closing and reopening the database. If the table is still locked, it may have become corrupt.
    You can try Tools | Database Utilities | Compact and Repair Database. If that doesn't help either, create a blank new database and try importing all database objects from the problem database into the new one.
    As a last resort, you can go back to a recent non-corrupt backup copy of the database.

If your database isn't split into a frontend and backend yet, consider doing so, it diminishes the chance of corruption and also its effects - see WendellB's tutorial Why Split a Database?.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Can't Lock Table error message (2003)

Rather than using a Make Table query each time, why don't you just delete the contents of the table and use an Append query to load the new info?
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.