New Lounger
    Thanks

Rotating Tables (Word 97)

I have a table that is in landscape mode. I want to change the mode to portrait and have the table change with it. I've tried to change the orientation but that seems to only impact the page. I recreated the table and changed text direction, but I was wondering if there was a quicker or easier way to get a table to change orientation and still look the same?

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Rotating Tables (Word 97)

Dear doofdaddy,

It's hard to visualize what effect you're after - when you change a page from landcape to portrait or vice versa, you will see the page boundaries change (if you are in Page Layout view and you have text boundaries set to show in Tools > Options > View), but the text on your screen will always remain oriented horizontally - when you print the document out, the landscape pages get turned sideways automatically - is that not the case when you print the document?

Is it the case that you need the table to appear rotated 90 degrees onscreen? (and if so, why do you want that?)

Gary

New Lounger
    Thanks

I created a training manual. With the manual are a few separate pages that are schedules and tables in landscape mode. I wanted to include these at the end of the manual so that it would all be part of one file. Basically, I want to rotate the table. My table is in landscape mode and I want to change the page to portrait so that I can insert it in the manual. This way as the manual was printed, the page with the table would be printed, too. The table would be rotated and sit on its side when viewed from the manual. Hopefully that makes sense.

ITo answer your question, when I printed out the document, it looked the same as on screen. The page was in portrait, but the table didn't rotate with it. What I got was about half of the table off of the page (as it was still configured to the landscape look).

Thanks.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

doofdaddy,

What about inserting a section break into the document before the table so that the previous section has portrait formatting, and after the section break you change the formatting to landscape?

-Gene

New Lounger
    Thanks

That worked. Thanks.