3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

removing empty cells (excel 2003)

I have a spreadsheet that can grow or shrink down. There is a total line at the bottom with some additional informaton that must print on every sheet. There could be 20 rows or 70 rows of data. I want to know is there a way to move the totals up and other veribage without cutting/pasting. I am creating this for someone who does not know excel that much and would like to condense when there are only a few rows. Maybe a macro or some coding??

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: removing empty cells (excel 2003)

DeborahP,

I have had this problem before too.
    I 'cheated' by putting the totals etc at the top of the spreadsheet. That way the data can grow/shrink and nothing is affected.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

That is a good idea however it will not work here. He wants it to look like an invoice...so the totals need to be at the bottom. Can you put formulas in footers??

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You can't put formulas in the page footer. You could use code to place calculated information in the page footer, but that's not a very attractive idea, because it's difficult to align the text in the footer with the cells in the worksheet.

I'd think that someone you trust to handle an invoice should be able to delete or hide rows in an Excel worksheet, but you could create buttons on the sheet to add or remove rows - see the attached example (make sure that macros are not disabled).
    Attached Files Attached Files