4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Page and Drawing orientation (2002)

Dear Loungers,

I have a file made up of 3 pages. The first is a CD face and will print to my CD printer, it needs to be A4 portrait (even though a CD isn't). The other two are the tray inserts and print to another printer in A4 landscape. I thought I could specify all this and have different orientations for each page. Certainly I can have the drawing page as I want it but the printer page seems to apply globally. Is this right? I have tried but do not seem to be able to specify printer and printer page orientation per page?

thank you........................ liz

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Page and Drawing orientation (2002)

I don't have Visio, but apparently Visio 2002 can have different drawing orientations for different pages, but only a single print orientation at a time, meaning that you'll have to print the portrait page, then switch the print orientation and print the landscape pages. The File | Page Setup dialog has separate Page Size and Print Setup tabs. You must ensure that the two orientations match for the page(s) you are about to print.

See Change drawing page orientation in Visio.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you Hans. This what I had discovered but hoped I had missied something. Do you know if a later version of Visio have this functionality of more than one printer orientation?

Liz

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, starting with Visio 2003 you can have multiple print orientations in one file. From About multiple-page drawings:
    <hr>Each page in a multiple-page drawing can have its own page and print settings. For example, each page can have a different drawing scale and page orientation.<hr>
    This is for Visio 2003, it's similar in Visio 2007.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Great I shall go and get it now!

thank you again.......... liz

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,

I now have the latest Visio. I can see how to make each page have separate formats. I had hoped I could "hard-wire" a printer and it's settings to a page. I can't find this so I thnk it's not there and I will do it with a macro. But just in case I have missed something can you confirm that this is not possible?

Have now attempted to record and edit a macro. Do you know if I can set the Printer Properties within a macro? Record doesn't record those settings, so need to edit the macro I think?

thank you. liz

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I'm sorry, as I mentioned higher up in this thread, I don't have Visio myself. My previous results were based on Googling.