4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

spacing before a table (All)

Is there a way of specifying spacing before the start of a table? I have a document with table+normal para+table+normal para+table+normal & so on. What I would like to do is add a little bit of blank spacing before the start of a table, i.e. therefore break up text before the start of the next table.

I guess I can do this by adding a 'blank' first row with no left, right and top border but this would not be my first choice.
    Thanks.
    Robie

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: spacing before a table (All)

You can set the Space After property of the paragraph above the table to for example 6 points or 12 points.

Or you can make the table floating by setting its Test wrapping property (in Table | Table Properties) to Around. Then click Positioning and specify the distance from the text above the table.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans.

Unfortuantely, not always possible to set the Space after property of the above paragraph (as this things are imported into the document) but I do like the Around property and then specifying Positioning. Are there any downsides to using this method as opposed to None (instead of Around)? I know that my table will ALWAYS be the width of the window and also 'keep with next' paragraph. Therefore, I don't need to worry about text wrappng around the table.
    Thanks.
    Robie

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I generally prefer inline with text because it makes the behaviour of a table more predictable, but since your table is the width of the page, floating (Text Wrapping set to Around) should work OK.