Lounger
    Thanks

Mail Merge - Memo options (MS-Office 2003)

Hi,

I am currently using a contact list created in excel and using mail merge in word to send mail to them from a standard document template.

My Requirements:

1) I need a particular field from the excel file to be displayed as Subject in all the mail, which differs for each mail.
    2) I need to set reply to option for all those mails sent using mail merge, so that if anybody replies to that mail it should be directed to the particular mail id set by me.

Thanks in advance to all saviours !!!!!!!!!!!!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Mail Merge - Memo options (MS-Office 2003)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

Mail merge in Word offers neither of these options, as far as I know.
    If you use Outlook, one option is to write Visual Basic code to automate Outlook from Word. You can then control every aspect of the e-mails, including the subject.
    There are also third-party utilities that may do what you want, for example MAPILab - Mail Merge Toolkit.

Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans,

Thanks for the prompt response.

But I don't have enough knowledge in writing VB code for Outlook or Word. Is there anyway can I learn this apart trying download....

Thanks+Regards
    MS

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Automation is not a trivial subject - you need to be familiar with VBA in each of the applications involved in the process.
    Microsoft has a help file available for download, with theory and examples: Microsoft Office 2000 automation Help file (applies to Office 2003 too).
    Automation 101 by our moderator WendellB contains a short introduction and useful links.