2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Moving/copying files in the 'file open' box (Excel

I am running Office 2007 under Vista Professional.

If I try and move files with the 'File|Open' screen open, Excel crashes. I can see my directories in the left hand panel and the files/folders in the active folder are in the right hand panel. When I click on a file in the right hand panel and try to drag it to a folder in the left hand panel Excel dies - 'Microsoft Office Excel has Stopped Working'. I am then taken to a screen relating to Performance and Reliability Pack (KB938979). I have downloaded the file etc., but the problem persists.

I just tried the same thing in word and it also crashes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Moving/copying files in the 'file open' box (Excel

Do you really need to move or copy files in the File | Open dialog? I'd think it's more convenient to do that in Windows Explorer (although it should be possible to do it in the File | Open dialog).

BTW, the Lounge doesn't support [verdana] ... [/verdana] tags. See the 1-Click TagPanel for (most of) the available options.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Moving/copying files in the 'file open' box (E

While explorer would work, I'd like to be able to move the files from within the application. If I'm in there and see a file that I think should be filed elsewhere, it would be much easier to do it while I'm there rather than finishing what I'm doing (opening a file) and then opening explorer, navigating to the file etc., I'm sure I used to be able to do it in 2003.

I've been away for a bit and I think the Verdana tags used to work but thanks for the heads up.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Moving/copying files in the 'file open' box (E

According to Move a file and Copy a File it should be possible to do this in Office 2007 applications too. I don't have Office 2007 myself, perhaps someone who does will have a suggestion.