2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hyperlink to Excel workbook with embedded code (Word XP)

My client has a hyperlink in her PPT. The hyperlink takes her to an Excel workbook. The workbook in question has a custom dialog (I created it) to ask the user for some filter criteria.

When she clicks the link she sees the "Macro security" dialog (you know..."Enable Macros", "Disable Macros"). She clicks Enable Macros, but Excel stays in the "background", hidden behind the presentation. She of course wants it to display the dialog and the workbook.

Is there a way to change this without disabling the Macro security? Our company doesn't allow us to permanently disable that "feature".

Thanks in advance.

Beej

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Hyperlink to Excel workbook with embedded code (Word XP)

(I assume that you meant PowerPoint XP in the subject, not Word XP)

Does your company have a digital certificate? If so, you could sign the VBA code in the workbook with it, and the user would have to trust the certificate once; after that the workbook will open without a macro prompt.
    See Code Signing Office XP Visual Basic for Applications Macro Projects for more info.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Hyperlink to Excel workbook with embedded code (Word XP)

Thanks Hans.

Can you tell I spend almost all my time working in Word, not Powerpoint?

We don't have a digital certificate (or if we do, I doubt they'd let me at it; I'm one of those guys the official IT folks in a large company doesn't like because we're constantly doing things we "shouldn't").

I'll look into disabling the macro security some other way.