3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Text will not print (Word2000)

I have a user who sent me a document to fix. A portion of her file is not printing. I turned on hidden text and still nothing prints. It does show up on print preview. It is acting kind of strange. None of the words are recognized in the speller, if you right click on any of the words, the synonyms are not found either. I tried copying and pasting the section into another document and changing the font and still nothing. I am sure this something simple but I must not have had enough caffeine this morning!

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Text will not print (Word2000)

Try going to Tools-Options-Compatibility and setting the Recommended Options for: to Word 2000. It's a messy fix, but it fixes most problems that I've encountered. The only other thing I can suggest is to copy everything out of the document except for the last paragraph marker (Ctrl-End, Ctrl-Shift-Home). That last paragraph holds formatting for the entire document and can cause goofy things to happen.

I hope this helps at least a little!
    Becky

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Text will not print (Word2000)

Is the document in a table? Frequently portions of doc will not print if too much info is included in one cell. If another row is inserted and portions of text copied, cut and pasted to the new row, it will show up. In other words too much data in one cell pushes it into oblivion.