3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Palm/OL Synch Prob (2003 SP3)

I have a Palm TX that I have been synching with OL via a wireless connection for about a year and a half. For most of that time the process has worked well.

Last week, I installed a new router, a Linksys WRT600N. Since doing so, the Palm will not synch with OL using either the wireless connection or the USB cable. The error message simply says that the Palm could not establish a connection with OL.

I have downloaded and installed the latest version of the Palm desktop and I have done a soft reboot of the Palm. Now I am stumped and looking for suggestions from those of you who may have successfully worked around this in the past.

Douglas

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Palm/OL Synch Prob (2003 SP3)

There could be so many reasons for this that it's hard to know where to start. I'd start by determining if the Linksys has settings including firewall settings that needs permission set to connect with the Palm.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I realize that this is an open ended request for help. So, thanks for responding.

I looked at the Linksys config settings, but am unsure as to what to look for. And even if the router was the problem with the WIFI hookup, how would that affect the USB cable connection?

Any ideas on what to look for in the router config setup?

D.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

I overlooked that you were also having trouble syncing by USB.

What syncing software is installed? Does it have a test function? What happens when you shut down the Linksys (so you have no Internet connection), temporarily disable your firewall, and then try to sync by USB cable? What firewall do you use? Remember to re-enable your Firewall after this test.

I don't have a Linksys - take a look at the manual and the website, see if it addresses wireless devices. You might also try asking about your wireless networking problem in the "Networking your Home" Forum.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS